Running all year round since 2002, the residency programme is at the heart of PACT Zollverein’s day to day work. Open to professional artists from home and abroad who work in the areas of dance, performance, media arts or music and closely linked to PACT’s two other core strands of activity in presenting work and facilitating research and development, the programme is a key element in PACT Zollverein’s profile as an Artists’ House supporting lively exchange between practice and theory.
While occupying their own designated space and essentially working independently, residents may choose to take advantage of various kinds of production support such as dramaturgy, technical assistance, project management as well as press and publicity.
Thanks to the support of the Ministry for Culture and Science of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia, residency recipients receive a grant to cover their living expenses and travel costs.
Residences are awarded twice a year by an international jury. A residency project will not have a public showing.
A residency incorporates the following
- Studio space (from 69 to 173 sq. m.)
- Local accommodation (max. 4 people)
- Period of 3 – 6 weeks (at a stretch)
- Weekly grant allowance for all of the residency project participants (max. 4 people)
- Travel costs covering one journey only per participant to and from PACT Zollverein (max. 4 people)*
- Technical equipment (by arrangement and subject to availability)
- Professional technical support (by arrangement and subject to availability)
*Principally, the least environmentally harmful means of transport available should be chosen.
PACT is pleased to facilitate barrier-free and family-friendly residences by arrangement.
Please note that due to the current highly dynamic COVID-19 situation, we reserve the right to make adjustments to the terms of residencies in consultation with the applicants if necessary.
Residencies 01-07 2022
The closing date for applications was September 09, 2021.
To be informed about upcoming open calls, you can subscribe to our newsletter here:
The residency programme is supported by the Ministry for Culture and Science of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia
Go to our journal to learn what the residency artists have been working on.
January - July 2021
- Marie-Lena Kaiser
- Sprungbrett (Igor Meneses Sousa, Paula Pau)
- Raymond Liew Jin Pin
- Geumhyung Jeong
- Jule Flierl
- Karl Van Welden
- Verena Brakonier, Josephine Findeisen, Daniel Müller und Greta Granderath
- Philipp Gehmacher
- Sprungbrett (Joana Kern, Sonja Reischl, Wenta Ghebrehiwet)
- Diana Niepce
- Riyadhus Shalihin
- Aya Metwalli
- Saghar Hosseinpour
- Fellowship Claire Vivianne Sobottke, Tian Rotteveel & Jared Gradinger
- Fellowship Barbara Raes & Sophie De Somere
- Fellowship Johannes Paul Raether & Nathan Fain
- et al.
August - December 2021
- Viola Luise Barner mit Júlia Maia, Lydia Tesfai, Joëlle Karfich
- Zauri Matikashvili
- Kai Er Eng
- Total Refusal (Susanna Flock, Leonhard Müllner, Robin Klengel, Michael Stumpf)
- Liza Baliasnaja mit Theo Livesey, Christine De Smedt
- Association of Black Artists e.V. (Princela Biyaa, Fayo Said, Clémance Garcia-Lindenmeyer, Marny Garcia Mommertz)
- Dragana Bulut
- Omsk Social Club mit Joey Holder