Running all year round since 2002, the residency programme is at the heart of PACT Zollverein’s day to day work. Open to professional artists from home and abroad who work in the areas of dance, performance, media arts or music and closely linked to PACT’s two other core strands of activity in presenting work and facilitating research and development, the programme is a key element in PACT Zollverein’s profile as an Artists’ House supporting lively exchange between practice and theory.
While occupying their own designated space and essentially working independently, residents may choose to take advantage of various kinds of production support such as dramaturgy, technical assistance, project management as well as press and publicity.
Thanks to the support of the Ministry for Culture and Science of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia, residency recipients receive a grant to cover their living expenses and travel costs.
Residences are awarded twice a year by an international jury. A residency project will not have a public showing.
A residency incorporates the following:
- Studio space (from 69 to 173 sq. m.)
- Local accommodation (max. 5 people)
- Period of min. 2 weeks
- Weekly grant allowance for all of the residency project participants (max. 5 people)
- Travel costs covering one journey only per participant to and from PACT Zollverein (max. 5 people)*
- Technical equipment (by arrangement and subject to availability)
- Professional technical support (by arrangement and subject to availability)
- Professional advice in: Project funding, project management, press and public relations
*Essentially, the least environmentally harmful means of transport available should be chosen.
August - December 2020
The application for residencies from August to December 2020 has been closed.
The applicants will be informed about the outcome of the jury’s decision in March 2020.
August - December 2019
- Flora Détraz
- Marco Donnarumma
- Lea Letzel
- Peter Reischl
- Marie-Lena Kaiser
- Cyril Baldy
- Saghar Hosseinpour Santi
- Juli Reinartz
- Frances Chiaverini
- Marcela Levi
- Elisa Jule Braun and Moritz Stumm
- Tim Behren
- Lili M. Rampre
- Ola Maciejewska
- Anna Massoni
- Arkadi Zaides
- Luisa Marinho Saraiva
- Nora Chipaumire
Fon +49 (0)201.289 47 12
Supported by the Ministry for Culture and Science of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia