Experimental platform for
Since 2002, PACT has been the scene of a series of special take-overs known under the label ATELIER. The on-going format invites artists from the region, Germany and abroad to present their current projects to a broadly interested audience at PACT.
The first ATELIER edition in 2023, is all about what constitutes a construction site. As spaces of in-betweenness, of transition and transformation, construction sites are emblematic of human impact on the environment but can equally stand for states of thought and being. Construction sites call for temporary adaptations and exist somewhere between meticulous planning, improvisational ingenuity and enactment.
For ›ATELIER No. 68 – Under Way‹, PACT is seeking artistic proposals that deal with speculative and open processes, shaping spaces for participation, inclusion, imagination and the generation of new ideas. Applications are now open. As always, both completed works as well as projects under development are welcomed from artists working in all fields and disciplines and can be presented or exhibited during the ATELIER throughout the building.
All spaces in the building may be used. The stage is generally reserved for live performance work, which should not exceed 15 minutes. PACT provides full technical assistance but set-up and equipment requirements should be kept as simple as possible.
The following support is available to all Atelier participants (subject to prior agreement):
- Expense allowance
- Travel costs covering one journey only per participant to and from PACT Zollverein*
- Local accommodation (by arrangement)
- Transport costs covering one journey to and from PACT Zollverein
- Technical equipment (by arrangement and subject to availability)
- Presentation of own work (max. 15 min. duration for stage works)
* We principally expect participants to choose low-emission modes of transport to and from PACT.