Experimental platform for the arts
Since 2002, PACT has been the scene of a series of special take-overs known under the label ATELIER. The on-going format invites artists from the region, Germany and abroad to present their current projects to a broadly interested audience at PACT.
Through an open call, projects in various stages of development as well as finished works are selected for each ATELIER edition and presented as independent entities in surprising combinations, without specific thematic or genre requirements. This results in a diverse program featuring performance, visual arts, music, video, and new media, which can be experienced until late at night throughout the former colliery building.
All spaces in the building may be used. The stage is generally reserved for live performance work, which should not exceed 15 minutes. PACT provides full technical assistance but set-up and equipment requirements should be kept as simple as possible.
The following support is available to all Atelier participants (subject to prior agreement):
- Expense allowance
- Travel costs covering one journey only per participant to and from PACT Zollverein*
- Local accommodation (by arrangement)
- Transport costs covering one journey to and from PACT Zollverein
- Technical equipment (by arrangement and subject to availability)
- Presentation of own work (max. 15 min. duration for stage works)
* We principally expect participants to choose low-emission modes of transport to and from PACT.
Atelier No. 69
The application deadline for Atelier No. 69 is over. Applicants will be informed about the outcome of the application process shortly by email.
To be informed about upcoming calls, you can subscribe to our newsletter here:
Maja Zimmermann & Juliane Beck