- About us
- Artists' Centre
We only accept residency applications submitted via our online residency application process. All complete applications received by this date will be considered and you will be informed of the decision by e-mail.
The timeframe you can apply for is from May, 9th to May, 29th, 2017.
PACT is as a developmental working and presentation space for contemporary performance art at the interface between science, technology and society. Alongside delivering a wide-ranging programme of performances and public events, PACT’s work is firmly rooted in it’s well-known residency programme and ongoing engagement with diverse forms of knowledge transfer. Within the scope of advanced research and development activities, PACT establishes ongoing project series and opens up spaces where society, the world and art interlink.
In Spring 2017 PACT is launching 1/2/8 a new, central and long-term research and development format with a special focus on the connection between knowledge and actions. The format offers substantial time and space for practices of cooperation between people, objects, space, technology and experimentation.
The first chapter of 1/2/8 centres around deviation: How can we implement changes in or outside of static systems of thought and organization? How can we foresee, develop and connect alternative forms of action? What kind of resources, possibilities, opportunities and spaces of action do we need?
To take an in-depth look at these questions, we are inviting artists, scientists, journalists and experts from other varied fields of knowledge, to work in our studios in May 2017 and enter into dialogue and experiments with one another during symposia, idea labs, talks, lectures, workshops and public gatherings and presentations. Supported by temporary research fellowships, those taking part will actively contribute to the shape and substance of PACT’s key areas of activity as a research platform, artists’ centre and performance venue. Ideas and issues raised during research stays will be debated within the framework of public events and performances.
A RESIDENCY CAN INCORPORATE THE FOLLOWING:
- Studio space (from 69 to 173 sq. m.)
- Local accommodation (max. 6 people)
- Weekly grant allowance of 500 € for all of the residency project participants (max. 6 people)
- Travel costs covering one journey only per participant to and from PACT Zollverein (subject to prior agreement)
- Technical equipment (by arrangement and subject to availability)
- Possible lectures, workshops, exhibitions or performances (at short notice and subject to agreement)
ONLINE APPLICATIONS REQUIRE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
- A proposed research project (max. 1000 characters including spaces)
- short chronological CV for everyone involved in the project (max. 2000 characters)
- We welcome applications with links to prior artistic or scientific work.
Fon +49 (0)201.289 47 12
Fax +49 (0)201.289 47 01
PACT Zollverein / Choreographisches Zentrum NRW and its residency programme are supported by the Ministry for Families, Children, Youth, Culture and Sports of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia and the City of Essen.
Supported within the framework of the Alliance of International Production Houses by the Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media.